As the thoughts ponder I surge ahead
a lifetime of memories flash about me. Every second stretches and you have all
the time in the world for memories to linger and re visit those moments locked
in heart and mind. Kaleidoscope of random memories flash through of
holding kids first time in my arms, my
childhood dreams and aspirations, loss of a mother, sweetheart's support, the
challenge of being a daughter-in-law, daughter, a mother and a wife; Apart from
foot holding for career, work-life balance.... the list is on and
on... But one thing that stood out in all of that churning is the strength that
I have from my family.
For me family is heart and soul. My heart and
soul are my kids and husband also the family that I was born into as well as
the family that I have stepped into as a bride. The sacrifices and challenges
are the same as yours: bitter sweet and tested my very strength and character
from time to time. Yes. True. The struggle of a woman has no boundaries. That
is why she is strong and beautiful. Many a time our opponent is a woman! Will I
be the same? Only time will tell…
The time capsule
took me way back to my graduation days, when I was looking to further my
education overseas and was selected to various universities ... but times were
not right .. my mom being bed ridden I just cold storaged all those admission
forms. Now, at this juncture where career is set an opportunity presents to
learn, unlearn and relearn on job. I confess I did not grab it. It grabbed me.
The desire to succeed in spite of, the willingness to change and evolve may
have clinched it. Behind is the corner stone of love and support of the family.
It emanated and emanates strength and propels you into a different
dimension.
The
bright blue space cools my fears and offers me silent support. The times were
and are harsh. Its time to bid them goodbye. I feel so unsure and easy to
pretend that I am out for a big adventure. I guess I pulled wool over many ...
May be because they too want to see that and paint me as adventurous? Yeah for sure. The fact of the matter is the creator above tests you and guides you through ... having accepted this thought I let my fears and future rest in his hands. What else do I need more? when he is the driver of my future. I smile of content for the first time flirts with me ... I try to relax, look around and may be I can request for wine?:)?
Today, on International Women's Day, I make my feelings candid to you, Lakshmi Sridhar ! I am proud that you are part of my life and congratulate you from bottom of my heart for all that you have achieved so far in your life ! I renew my oath to support you (in case you require) in future too, because you deserve it !
ReplyDelete